Before you go

Escorted Tours

Almost everyone takes too much with them on tour, check out the suggested lists below of what the essentials you should bring. We also suggest what type of insurance and breakdown cover is required.

  • Bike clothes, helmet etc…
  • Casual clothes
  • Waterproofs
  • Spare gloves
  • Swimming gear and towel
  • Toiletries
  • First aid kit
  • Basic painkillers etc…
  • Local currency
  • Credit card (advisable)
  • Note with your driving licence of any medical allergies in Latin
  • GPS to program in the supplied waypoints
  • Torch
  • Camera
  • Power adapter and charging equipment for gadgets
  • Driving licence.
  • Bike MOT certificate
  • V5 log book
  • Valid Passport
  • European breakdown insurance
  • Travel insurance
  • Motorcycle insurance policy documentation covering countries on the route
  • 2 X breathalysers
  • High vis jacket
  • Green card for European travel (not always required}
  • If you require glasses, extra pair
  • GB sticker (unless on number plate)
  • E111 or EHIC card to provide European health cover available free from the Post Office
  • Colour photocopies of all above documentation


  • Check your tyres are good for the duration of the trip
  • Ensure your bike has been serviced to cover the whole mileage of the trip
  • General bike health check, brakes, lights etc…
  • Check MOT and Tax is valid


  • Puncture repair kit
  • Basic toolkit
  • Chain lube
  • Spare keys
  • Spare bulbs
  • Spare fuses
  • Spare spark plugs
  • Oil if you think you need it
  • Security chain
  • Duct tape
  • Cable ties
All riders on tour must have valid insurance for themselves and their pillion riders in the countries that we ride through, most UK insurers cover you for short trips by default but please check before you come.We also require that all customers have personal travel and accident/breakdown cover for themselves and their motorcycles. This must cover repatriation of both them and their motorcycle in case of accident or medical emergency. Ideally it will also include replacement with a rental vehicle if not fixable within 24 hours so that you can continue your tour.

We also highly recommend that you take out insurance that covers cancellation of your holiday in case you can’t make the tour due to accident, illness or redundancy before departure.

You are totally responsible for ensuring that you have the correct level of cover for your tour.

We highly recommend travel insurance through either HolidaySafe and their excellent bike specific policy or the Post Office.


  • Visas as appropriate
  • Valid Passport
  • Travel insurance
  • Driving licence and International Permit
  • Note with your driving licence of any medical allergies in Latin
  • Vaccination certificates if required
  • Colour photocopies of all above documentation